Follow the instructions to change Brother Drum Unit for Brother HL 4050cn;
1. Turn off the power for your printer.
2. Press the front cover release button and Open the front cover.
3. Hold the green handle of the drum unit. Lift the drum unit up and then pull it out until it stops.
4. Release the grey lock lever that is on the left side of the printer. Pull the drum unit completely out of the printer using the green handles on the drum unit.
5. Hold the handle of the toner cartridge and pull it out of the drum unit. Repeat this for all the toner cartridges.
6. Un-pack the new drum unit and remove the protective cover.
7. Hold the handle of the toner cartridge and slide the toner cartridge into the drum unit.
Make sure that you match the toner cartridge colour to the same colour label on the drum unit, and also you should fold down the toner cartridge handle once the toner cartridge is in place. Repeat this for all the toner cartridges.
8. Put the drum unit back in the printer as follows;
- Make sure that the grey lock lever is in the up position.
- Put the drum unit in the printer.
- Push down the grey lock lever.
- Push the drum unit in until it stops.
9. MAKE SURE TO RESET THE DRUM COUNTER
When you replace the drum unit with a new one, you need to reset the drum counter by completing the following steps:
- Press the + or – button to choose “Machine Info“.
- Press OK to proceed to the next menu level, and then press the + or – button to choose ”Reset Parts Life“.
- Press OK, and then press the + button to choose “Drum Unit“.
- Press OK two times.
Enjoy printing for your valuable contents 🙂